Dr. Abby Needleman is thrilled to be joining the Bulger team as an exotics doctor. She enjoys providing both preventative and interventional care for all exotic species. Dr. Needleman also provides preventative and interventional care for companion farm animals such as potbellied pigs and goats. She is originally from the Boston area and happy to be back after many years of travel for her veterinary education. In her free time, Dr. Needleman enjoys hiking, pottery, and spending time with family and friends. She also has a very needy cat named Larry and a Merauke Blue Tongued Skink named Burrito.
- Urolithiasis in a female miniature potbellied pig. VetRecord Case Reports. 15 July 2019. Read Here.
- STAYING COOL… WELLNESS IN VET SCHOOL. Vet School Unleashed: Dissecting the DVM Podcast. Read Here.
- Recurrent colic in a 1-year-old dromedary camel
- Member of AAV (Association of Avian Veterinarians)
- ARAV (Association of Reptile Veterinarians),
- AEMV (Association of Exotic Mammal Veterinarians)
- AAZV (Association of Aquatic and Zoo Veterinarians)
- AVMA (American Veterinary Medical Association)