Ethos offers a unique Science Consultancy service through which we provide scientific support, clinical trial participation, science diligence, and business-side support for researchers and organizations in the field of animal health.
Combining the domain knowledge of our 500 veterinarians and 350,000+ annual patient visits through our 20+ veterinary specialty and emergency hospitals across the US enables us to provide qualitative/quantitative insight and critical guidance in the areas listed below to researchers, research organizations and scientists in the biopharma field of animal health. Our team of experts provide fresh insight from practicing veterinarians to better understand unmet needs within the profession, allowing for more informed decisions to be made around the prioritization of research questions and innovation development pathways.
Contract and Consulting Services Focus on the Following Areas
- Use Case Identification: Determine how to best position a novel innovation on the market through targeted surveys and focus groups of Ethos veterinarians, specialists, and key opinion leaders to gain perspectives on the innovation’s alignment with unmet needs in veterinary medicine.
- Portfolio Review and Scientific Diligence: Diligence including scientific value propositions, balancing scientific ROI in a portfolio, alignment with unmet diagnostic and therapeutic needs in veterinary medicine, assessment of the competitive landscape, and sales/distribution planning.
- Market Optics/Analysis: Evaluate the market potential of a novel veterinary innovation. The data used to inform these models will be collected through targeted surveys of Ethos doctors, more general surveys of the broader veterinary field through an online learning platform called VetBloom (75,000 primary care vets, 5,000 specialist vets), and integrating data from existing similar products/services in our hospital information system.
- Market and CE Content Development: Development of marketing campaigns that involve both raising awareness of the innovation’s existence while also educating doctors on its clinical value. Content will be created by clinical and scientific experts and can be delivered through a range of media types (i.e. presentations, publications, blogs, testimonials). Content can also be fully CE accredited and can be distributed through the VetBloom platform to users all over the world. Continuing Education presentations can also be utilized to ask questions of the doctors, which can then be used to support/inform marketing strategies.
- Clinical Trial Design: Generation of research and regulatory clinical trial protocols focused on answering targeted questions about a potential innovation that would support its value and positioning in the veterinary market. This process can include full animal care and use committee approval of the protocol as well as the generation of any associated documents (i.e. informed consent forms, case report forms, sample collection manual of procedures).
- Trial Site/Investigator Identification/Management: Selection of Ethos hospitals/investigators matched to the needs of a specific clinical trial. Management/oversight of participating Ethos sites to encourage strong patient accrual and quality data generation.
- Scientific Writing: Assistance in the strategy and writing of scientific manuscripts, with a focus on publication in top-tier veterinary journals.
Our Experts in the Veterinary Field
Samuel Stewart DVM, DACVECC – Director of Science Consultancy, Criticalist, special interest in sepsis.
Chand Khanna DVM, PhD, DACVIM (Onc) – Chief Science Officer Ethos Veterinary Health, veterinary oncologist, cancer biologist, President Ethos Discovery.
Joelle Fenger DVM, DACVIM (Onc) – Science Associate, Oncologist, special interest in comparative oncology.
Rebecca Windsor DVM, DACVIM (Neuro) – Science Associate, Neurologist, special interest in inflammatory brain disease.
Jacob Cawley DVM, DACVIM (Onc) – Ethos Comparative Genomics Fellow, Oncologist, special interest in epigenetic regulation of cancer.