At Ethos Veterinary Health, our passion for innovation and providing world-class medicine helps shape our approach to the mentorship, training, and professional development of our veterinary team members.
Our training programs, led by our Clinical Learning & Development Team, are designed to provide clear career pathing opportunities for any member of a veterinary healthcare team through comprehensive tools, resources, mentorship, and support.
ER Immerse: Emergency Training Program
This mentor-based program offers veterinarians the opportunity to prepare for a thriving career in Emergency Practice. Comprised of two tracks (Entry-Level and Advanced), the ER Immerse program is designed to provide mentorship to new grads and veterinarians new to emergency medicine as well as support and resources for more experienced veterinarians to help them become board-certified through the American Board of Veterinary Practitioners (ABVP) without requiring an internship or residency.
ER Immerse is a completely flexible learning program allowing mentees the opportunity to choose where and when to start their journey.
Internships and Residencies
Find your mentorship “match made in heaven” with an internship or residency at one of over 30 Ethos locations. With a variety of learning opportunities from rotating internships at multispecialty hospitals to 3-year residencies, we have a program to fit any career goal.
For Veterinary Technicians and Assistants
Veterinary Education Sponsorship
The Veterinary Education Sponsorship Program was created to provide talented employees with continuing education and career growth opportunities. The program gives our hospitals the ability to select interested candidates and pay for a part or all of their veterinary education in exchange for an employment agreement after program completion.
Veterinary Technician Specialist (VTS) Mentorship
Our VTS mentorship program provides support and mentorship for those preparing for and going through the VTS application and testing process. This program also includes development opportunities for those who have completed the VTS process and are ready to see where their new certification can take them.
Continuing education opportunities for all members of the veterinary healthcare team:
- RECOVER Certification (BLS, ALS, Rescuer)
- Fear Free Certifications
- RACE Approved Live Continuing Education (CE) Webinars: Several live CE sessions are held each month and are available for all team members. Topics vary each month so there is sure to be something of interest to all.
For All Veterinary Healthcare Team Roles
We also offer the following programs and support for all members of the veterinary healthcare team:
- Peer to Peer Mentorship Programming – the opportunity to grow and develop based on your interests and goals by being mentored by someone with the Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities you desire
- Public Speaking training – building your skills in public speaking, whether it’s at a national conference, a hospital meeting, or journal presentation
- Client Care Certificate Program – participate in our client care certificate program helping to hone your skills associated with veterinary hospitality