NVA Compassion-First is now Ethos Veterinary Health
We are excited to announce Ethos Veterinary Health as the new name of NVA Compassion First.
Ethos is the new, industry-leading community of legacy Ethos Veterinary Health, Compassion-First, SAGE, and legacy NVA Specialty and Emergency hospitals. This powerful new community brings together an unmatched team of experts, cutting-edge technology, and an unwavering commitment to the advancement of animal health and better patient outcomes.
Newly formed Ethos Veterinary Health will be anchored by 145 world-class specialty hospitals, while NVA will continue to oversee over 1,400 veterinary locations mainly comprised of general practice hospitals.
National Veterinary Associates (“NVA”), an approximately $6 billion revenue-leading global pet care organization and community of more than 1,500 veterinary hospitals and pet resorts, is forming two distinct businesses – Ethos Veterinary Health (“Ethos”), which will consist of 145+ world-class specialty veterinary hospitals, and NVA, which will continue to oversee approximately 1,400 locations consisting primarily of general practice veterinary hospitals in addition to equine hospitals and pet resorts.
The formation of the two businesses will allow NVA and Ethos to focus on their distinct strategic growth priorities and prepare for eventual IPOs of each in the next two to three years. Ethos will focus on leading the advancement of cutting-edge medicine to extend and improve the lives of pets. Its portfolio will consist of:
- Legacy Ethos Veterinary Health hospitals
- NVA Compassion-First hospitals
- SAGE legacy hospitals
- Legacy NVA specialty and emergency hospitals
Incoming CEO Larry Allgaier stated, “Veterinarians have a vital impact on the well-being of society as they care for and extend the lives of pets, who so many love as family members. I feel very fortunate to work in a business supporting veterinarians and look forward to learning from the passionate and talented teams at NVA and Ethos as we set upon this new chapter of growth.”
Ames Prentiss, founder of the legacy Ethos hospitals, commented, “NVA’s creation of a separately managed specialty business is a landmark moment for the organization and the broader veterinary community. It enhances the locally branded, vet-centric model that has been the cornerstone of NVA and was a major reason we partnered with the organization last year. I am proud to remain a major shareholder and support the Ethos team.”
About Ethos Veterinary Health
Ethos is a veterinary health organization with hospitals across the U.S. providing advanced medical care for pets. Our approach focuses on innovation, team development, and collaboration.
The Ethos Veterinary Health family is comprised of 24-hour emergency and specialty hospitals, veterinary urgent care clinics, an educational ecosystem that includes Vetbloom, house officer programs, veterinary assistant and VTNE training programs, as well as Ethos Discovery, a non-profit scientific incubator researching new diagnostics and treatments for pets with complex diseases such as cancer:
- Veterinary Urgent Care by Ethos – In April 2022 Ethos Veterinary Health opened the first of its Veterinary Urgent Care clinics to provide same and next-day appointments for dogs and cats in stable condition. Veterinary Urgent Care Clinics are located in Irvine, CA, Rancho Peñasquitos, a suburb of San Diego, CA, Oceanside, CA, Station Landing in Medford, MA, and Nashua, NH.
- VetBloom – an innovative learning ecosystem where veterinary team members can advance their skills and engage with a growing online community of veterinary professionals.
- Ethos Discovery – a non-profit incubator of scientific innovation seeking to improve health outcomes in pets and humans with complex medical problems.
- Ethos Science Consultancy – Combining the domain knowledge of our 500 veterinarians and 350,000+ annual patient visits through our 20+ veterinary specialty and emergency hospitals across the US enables us to provide qualitative/quantitative insight, and critical guidance to researchers, research organizations, and scientists in the biopharma field of animal health. Our team of experts provides fresh insight from practicing veterinarians to understand unmet needs within the profession better, allowing for more informed prioritization of research and innovation development pathways.
- House Officer and In-house Training Programs for Residents, Rotating and Specialty Internships, Emergency Veterinarian Training, Veterinary Technicians and Veterinary Assistants, and more. Take your veterinary career to new heights or join the industry by joining a company that promotes and provides life-long learning for its team members.
We provide unsurpassed veterinary health care for patients and their human companions.
We will create a unique and impactful science-focused animal health company with an emphasis on collaboration, evidence-based decision-making, a commitment to the veterinary ethos, and cultivation of a passion for what we do, which will revolutionize the veterinary industry.
- Collaboration – We value diverse contributions, which improves the outcome of all our endeavors.
- Continuous Development – We focus on the ongoing improvement of our leaders, team members, and how we do business.
- Innovation – We develop original ideas and adopt new ways of thinking that advance animal health.
- Quality – We use a scientific, evidence-based approach to produce the best outcomes in all we do.
- Teamwork – We care for each other, which contributes to our unique culture – it’s the key to our future.