Theresa Pancotto was born and raised in North Carolina. She received her Bachelors in Psychology from Duke University before obtaining her Masters and Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine from Tufts University, and completing her Neurology Residency at Virginia Tech. In 2011, she also became a Certified Canine Rehabilitation Practitioner through the University of Tennessee at Knoxville and a Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine in Neurology. She was an associate professor at Virginia Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine from 2011-2020. Her research interests are in collaborative translational medicine.
When not in the hospital, Dr. Pancotto enjoys training and racing in the sport of triathlon and completed an Ironman™ race in 2015 (2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike, 26.2 mile run). She has two small dogs and two cats – one is tri-pawed!
- Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine: Intramedullary spinal cord neoplasia in 53 dogs (1990-2010) – distribution, clinicopathologic characteristics, and clinical behavior Read Article
- Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine: Comparison of intranasal versus intravenous midazolam for management of status epilepticus in dogs – A multi-center randomized parallel group clinical study Read Article
- Frontiers in Veterinary Science: Computed Tomography and Magnetic Resonance Imaging Are Equivalent in Mensuration and Similarly Inaccurate in Grade and Type Predictability of Canine Intracranial Gliomas Read Article
- Journal of Clinical Movement Disorders: A case of stiff dog syndrome associated with anti-glutamic acid decarboxylase antibodies Read Article
- Veterinary Radiology & Ultrasound: Evaluation of magnetic resonance imaging for the differentiation of inflammatory, neoplastic, and vascular intradural spinal cord diseases in the dog Read Article
- Frontiers in Veterinary Science: Canine Butterfly Glioblastomas – A Neuroradiological Review Read Article
- Research in Veterinary Science: Evaluation of endothelin-1 and MMPs-2, -9, -14 in cerebrospinal fluid as indirect indicators of blood-brain barrier dysfunction in chronic canine hypothyroidism Read Article
- Frontiers in Veterinary Science: Perineural Injection for Treatment of Root-Signature Signs Associated with Lateralized Disk Material in Five Dogs (2009-2013) Read Article
- Journal of Veterinary Diagnostic Investigation: Chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyradiculoneuropathy with cholesterol deposits in a dog Read Article
- Veterinary Surgery: Acute adverse events associated with ventral slot decompression in 546 dogs with cervical intervertebral disc disease Read Article
- Technology in Cancer Research and Treatment: Non-thermal irreversible electroporation (N-TIRE) and adjuvant fractionated radiotherapeutic multimodal therapy for intracranial malignant glioma in a canine patient Read Article
- Veterinary Clinical Pathology: Blood-brain-barrier disruption in chronic canine hypothyroidism Read Article