Thanks for joining us in our next pet recipe series!
For November and with the Thanksgiving holiday upon us, we all love sharing this wonderful holiday (and food) with our family and our pets. After all, they’re family too! This month, we have mixed up our usual recipe and are presenting you with these delicious, healthy, low-calorie Thanksgiving morsels.
The zucchini, carrot, and rice stack beautifully making it easy to present to your beloved pet. Treat them this holiday season with this healthy snack:
- 1 small zucchini, sliced into 1/4 inch slices, scoop out about half of the seeds (can use to top your dog’s normal kibble)
- ¼ cup shredded carrot
- 6 Tablespoons cooked whole grain rice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place zucchini slices on lined baking sheet.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of cooked rice into each slice & top with shredded carrot.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, be careful not to overcook. Allow to cool and serve to your furry friend!
**Note: no need to add any oils or butter to the recipe! The water from the vegetables will help cook the stacks!
Tested and approved by Miss Piggy! Good catch!
Stay tuned for next month’s December/holiday-themed recipe!