Written by Marissa Ann Portillo, BS, RLATG, CM
March 12th is National Pancake Day and in celebration of this delicious day, we would love to share a healthy, but hearty, recipe for puppy pancakes!
Healthy Doggie Pancakes
These pancakes are 100% dog friendly and make the perfect treat for a pancake flipping feast!
- 1 ripe Banana
- ¼ cup Blueberries
- 2 tbsp. Chia Seeds
- 2 tbsp. Melted Coconut Oil
- ¾ cup Almond Milk (Unsweetened, xylitol free)
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- Preheat a small frying pan or skillet on medium heat with a very small amount of coconut oil (just enough to coat pan).
- Peel banana and place into a clean blow – mash with fork until nearly a puree texture.
- Add blueberries to bowl, then coconut oil, then chia seeds, mixing well after each.
- Add almond milk and stir – allow to sit, undisturbed, for at least 5 minutes to allow chia seeds to bloom.
- Slowly combine flour into mixture until batter texture is reached.
- Using a large spoon, pour small amount of batter into the heated frying pan. Note: treats should not be larger than a silver dollar.
- Allow pancakes to cook until bubbles stop forming on uncooked batter on top, then flip pancake and allow to finish cooking until steam stops rising.
- Allow time to cool and serve with love to your pups!