Dr. Lauren Blaeser was born and raised in Boxford, MA. After graduating with honors from Masconomet High School she successfully pursued a Bachelor’s degree in Animal Science from Cornell University. After graduation she pursued her DVM degree from the University of Florida and completed a one-year internship in small animal medicine and surgery at Michigan State College of Veterinary Medicine.
She returned home to complete her surgery residency in the combined program with Tufts University College of Veterinary Medicine and Angell Memorial Animal Hospital. During this time she received training in microvascular surgery at Baylor University in Houston Texas and became licensed to perform the tibial plateau leveling osteotomy (TPLO) from Slocum Enterprises in Eugene, Oregon.
Dr. Blaeser is proficient in orthopedic, neurologic, oncologic, reconstructive, urogenital, cardiovascular, respiratory and gastrointestinal surgery. She became board-certified by the American College of Veterinary Surgeons in February 2003. She has a special interest in minimally invasive techniques including arthroscopy and laparoscopy. Dr. Blaeser joined the IVG network of hospitals in November 2007.
In her free time she loves to spend time with her family. Whenever possible she brings her two black lab mix brothers (Thor and Loki) along for car rides. When the dogs are out and about, her three black cats (Rogue, Storm and Gambit) stay at home and enjoy the “dog free” time.
- Surgical approaches to recipient vessels of the fore- and hindlimbs for microvascular free tissue transfer in dogs, Veterinary Surgery, 2005. Read Article
- Treatment of biologically inactive nonunions via a limited en-bloc ostectomy and compression plate fixation: a review of 17 cases, Veterinary Surgery, 2004. Read Article
- Imaging Diagnosis: MRI of extradural hemorrhage associated with acute disc herniation in a dog. Veterinary Radiology and Ultrasound. Read Article (requires login).
- Revision of Aseptic Loosening of the Femoral Implant after Cemented Total Hip Arthoplasty in a dog using Cable Cerclage, Vet Comp Orthop Traumatol.
- A Biomechanical Comparison of Composite Fixation and Veterinary Acetabular Plates for Stabilization of Acetabular Osteotomies in Dogs Loaded in Three-Point-Bending Fashion,Vet Comp Orthop Traumatol, 1998.
- A randomized blind placebo-controlled trial investigating the effects of photobiomodulation therapy (PBMT) on canine elbow osteoarthritis, Can Vet J., 2018. Read Article (requires login).
- Control of secretory leukocyte protease inhibitor gene expression in the porcine periimplantation endometrium: a case of maternal-embryo communication, Biol Reproduction, 1998. Read Article
- Molecular cloning of spermidine/spermine N1-acetyltransferase from the periimplantation porcine uterus by messenger ribonucleic acid differential display: temporal and conceptus-modulated gene expression, Endocrinology, 1996. Read Article (requires login).
- A Comparison of Sham Versus Actual Low Level Light Therapy (LLLT) in Treatment of Canine Elbow Osteoarthritis Pain and Lameness. 2017 Veterinary Orthopedic Society Meeting.