Temporary Reduction in ER HoursAugust 3, 2021
Please call or visit one of the other area hospitals for emergency services during the overnight hours while we are closed. We are sorry for the inconvenience, and we appreciate your understanding.
We will continue to see Euthanasia/End of Life Assessment cases. If a case presents to us in critical condition, we will stabilize for transfer to the nearest available facility that can care for the patient. It is imperative, and in the best interest of patient care, that our referring partners send their unstable cases elsewhere until we return to 24/7 operation.
Please call in advance to verify if we are able to treat exotics patients. The term “exotics”in veterinary medicine refers to small mammals such as rabbits, ferrets, guinea pigs and hamsters, among others.
We are working to hire enough staff to allow us to return to 24 hour service every day.
Nearby 24/7/365 Veterinary Emergency Hospitals
Please call ahead for estimated wait times and to make sure they are accepting patients.
- WVRC – Racine/Kenosha – 1123 58th Ave, Kenosha, WI – 262-553-9223 | WVRC – Racine/Kenosha ER Line
- Premier – Chicago – 3927 W. Belmont Ave., Chicago, IL – 773-516-5800 | Premier – Chicago ER Line
- Veterinary Specialty Center – 1515 Busch Parkway, Buffalo Grove, IL – 847-459-7535
- BluePearl Northfield – 820 W. Frontage Rd. Northfield, IL – 847-564-5775
- BluePearl Skokie (for exotics emergencies) – 3735 Dempster St, Skokie, IL – 847-673-9110
- Companion Animal Specialty and Emergency – 1095 Pingree Rd. Suite 120, Crystal Lake, IL – 815-479-9119